Sunday, January 31, 2010

No one learns kung fu around here!

My goodness! haven't blooged in over a week or two.

I've been reading this book:

Its super good. But seeing as I don't read that much, I'm bound to like it. However, sometimes I feel like its directed specifically to the "confused young black man," which I don't happen to be.

Watched this movie:

"The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin," circa 1983. It starred the Nick Cannon of kung fu. I liked it a lot. The grammar mistakes in the subtitles might have been the most exciting part of though.

Found this CD:

Gawsh, 'Attitude is Everything!' with Keith Harrell! Don't we all love/never heard of Keith Harrell? Anyways, I'm going to sample it like 1,000 times.

My Omnichord had an accident. Here's its guts, after I took it apart:

Yikes. I'm going to leave out details, because... its pretty stupid. But, alas! It will be fixed - do not worry!

I'm hope you're enjoying the stellar camera phone pictures I've posted thus far.

I think I'm able to record drums pretty well now: 2 condensers + 2 dynamics. Here's an old song, a lot of you have probably heard. But I re-did a few parts, and its less annoyingly loud overall. "The Saddest Tree On Earth pt. 1."


This will be found on a tape (Brady and) I are putting together. But less news about that.

LOOK AT THIS!

2 comments:

  1. Nick Cannon's in a Kung Fu movie? I dont know if he was born yet in '83.... Did Mariah cameo?

    I KEEEDD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...so you begin reading the autobiography of RZA and suddenly you're watching the "The 36th Chamber of Shaolin," which inspired the Wu-Tang Clan's debut album, "Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)." Coincidence? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete